Wednesday 11 April 2012

Broken Beauty Rules

I break most of the beauty rules out there, it would be simpler to do a post on the rules i do not break, instead I am just going to list a handful of my broken beauty rules:
> > > > >

Heat Protection: I am working towards improving this, it's proving to be a long, slow process. I bought a travel size TRESemme Heat Defence Spray for my last holiday and have been using it somewhat since. I think I am less inclined to use it as it directs you to use on towel dried hair only, and considering I mostly let my hair air dry I don't feel that it is really helping by the time I do fry my hair with the straighteners. Any good heat defence spray suggestions will be appreciated, specifically ones that do not make your hair greasy.

Regular Hair Cuts: I am trying to grow my hair out so really I should be subscribing to the logic of cutting off the dead ends but no matter how scientific it sounds my brain still goes 'your cutting hair OFF to make it longer...? Come on now!'.

Apply concealer with ring finger: For this rule I not only need to apply with my ring finger but be a whole lot more gentle than I am, but for the life of me, at 7:30am in the morning when I am late for work I can't help but rub it in with far to much... shall we say 'enthusiasm'.

Clean Brushes Regularly: In my defence I have brought Elf Daily Brush Cleaner (which I don't use daily..) to clean my brushes in between deep cleanings. Pure laziness is at fault here.

Regularly Throw Away Make-up: The only makeup I really throw away is the empty kind. I have been know in the past to throw away some because it was way(!!) past it recommended usage, but I don't keep a schedule of when products were opened and dispose of them 6/12/etc months later.

Cleanse, Tone & Moisturise: Reason...... energy. Simple. By the time I get around to getting ready for bed I can barely disguise my hatred of having to brush my teeth, never mind toner and moisturiser. I take my makeup off as soon as I get home with Johnson's Cleansing Wipes and wash my face and then do whatever needs be, which just happens not to be a skincare routine. 

Sun Cream: For the same reasons I am a brute with my concealer I just don't have the time, nor energy to put sun cream on in the morning. I roll out of bed 10 minutes prior to leaving the house. And suggestions of getting up earlier just aren't realistic!

*




No comments:

Post a Comment